Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: WIP - Aronbor... or Perdon

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm really becoming a fan of the dark look.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Do not underestimate the powah of the dahk side.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wow Ramah. I am a huge fan of your maps.
    Some useful cartography facts:
    Circumference (C) of the Earth is about 25,000 miles or 40,000 km.
    Highest point on Earth is 5.5 miles (8.9 km) above sea level (ASL/BSL).
    Lowest point of land on Earth is 1/4 mile (0.4 km) BSL.
    Lowest elevation in the ocean is 6.8 miles (10.9 km) BSL.

And our solar system:
    C of Jupiter = 279,118 miles (449,197 km).
    Highest mountain is Olympus Mons on Mars. It is 16 miles high (24 km) and is the size of Arizona.

Blog Entries

Thanks.

Final version of the new... er... version has been posted here...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...541#post146541
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected Lezales's Avatar

Hey Ramah !

Very nice map, I really like the style you're using ! But I've got a question for you. I'm in the process of shopping for a tablet for the computer and I was wondering if you could maybe what features I'd have to take a look to and if you'd have any suggestion as to what model buy ?
    Thanks in advance !

Blog Entries

Hi Lezales. Well I can tell you what tablet I have, a Wacom Bamboo, but other than that I am no expert on tablets. I'd love to upgrade to an Intuos if I ever get handed a pile of money but for now the bamboo fits me just fine. As to features to look for, from my own experience with this tablet I can tell you that I find the little scroll wheel thingy completely useless. It seems slow to react and takes longer to use than moving your hand to keyboard or mouse and doing whatever action you have mapped to it the old fashioned way.
    The buttons on the tablet I love though. I'm left handed and hold a pen a weird way where I kind of bend my hand around it so for a while I was accidentally pressing a button when drawing but I've learned to avoid it now.
    The lower part of the rocker button on the pen I have deactivated as again, I keep pressing it by accident so I could do without this. The top button I have left as a right click but I find it awkward to press so I could do without it.

So personally speaking, features I like are buttons near the pad that I can map shortcuts too. Anything else is just wasted on me.

Hope this helps.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Wow
    I just happened to 'trip' over this site (best trip I've ever made btw) and I'm completely speechless by all the master craftsman that have displayed their work.
    But you sir, you have utterly blown me away. Your maps are extremely impressive!

If you don't mind me asking, what size (in pixels) do you begin your work at? I've read Ascensions tutorial where he began the tutorial at 2000x2000 pixels.
    As I'm attempting to 'dabble' into making a map I'm curious as to what size you began with and at any point did you 'scale' it down before the final product?

r/

Bullet

Blog Entries

Hi and thanks.

It depends how I feel at the time I guess. In the past I have started with a canvas twice as big as the finished map size so that I can shrink it down after the coastline is finished to soften it. Most of the time I just start at the same size as the finished map and just wing it.

Just depends on what you are most comfortable with I guess.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415