Thread: First map try! Reinos Imortais: FT3 + CC3 work.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Wip First map try! Reinos Imortais: FT3 + CC3 work.

Attachment 39169

This is my first try to map my world of Reinos Imortais with FT3. It has 60000 km of circunference and it is a bit more cold than earth. I intend to export this to CC3 and do most of the work there. I want more islands, but dont know if litle details will export well to CC3 and not sure where to put then. I think that I did the biggest part of the work of fills basins, and eliminat small holles where rivers could stop, but I dont know if its better to do the rivers on FT3 or CC3. The advantage to do rivers on FT3 is that they will go toghterwhen I export in multiple files.

Hello Mateus,

I think the map looks great. Really nice erosion, lots of flatlands and plateaus. One problem with fractal generators is that they tend to put the mountains right in the middle of continents, which can also be seen here in this example. As for islands, have you played around with the land size option in FT? Changing it to a little lower value should produce a few more islands. As for the rivers, I think it depends on the final size of your map. If you want it to be very detailed, such as having tens of rivers ranging from smaller ones to larger ones, doing them in FT would be better. However, if you will only include just a few major ones, doing them manully will give you more control and the flexibility of putting them where you want. Maybe generate them in FT to see what realistic possibilities for river paths are, and then pick the ones you like and draw them manually?

Guild Adept

I have never had FT produce rivers I like, and always seem to end up slapping them in with CC3 and as I recall, some use of GIMP. but then, but then I am just a mapping hack, LOL.