Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Entry: Lynch the Scribe

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post Octoclops???

and here you go (at least my cheesy interpretation of it)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Octoclops.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	405.1 KB 
ID:	16708  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

hahahah

that's great!

I was wobbling between an octopus with one eye, an octopus with 8 eyes, a critter much like yours but with 8 eyes.. but I have to say, i wasn't quite heading the direction you did

I'm almost done most of the correction notes, i'll add general encounter notes once the main ones are done. I might add in some critter sketches too, if you can make a version of that thing I can use to trace out into the map, that would rock (any chance you can add 7 more eyes? lol)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Not really room unless the other 7 eyes were very small. If the original image were bigger I'd give it a go. But I think you'll need to settle for this for now.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip

Ok, phase 1 of the map update is done. Primary comments had been added, and I've already changed the fonts to match the handwriting of the characters involved. this would be SO much easier if I had a tablet *waits patiently for the end of december*.

What' I'd *really* like to do is write out the comments by hand and scan them in to add to the map. Unfortunately I've ripped the house apart 3 times looking for the scanner power cord (and it's one of those super porprietary connector types) and I have no free fundage right now to order a replacement.

Anyhow, the real challenge comes up next, making the notes more organic looking. Once I get that down, I may add more comments to fill out some other areas, but I think it's pretty full and balanced as it is.

Part of the real fun here was choosing the fonts for each character. I didn't go quite so far as to create actual character sheets, but I considered it So I left it as basic character and personality traits, and worked it from there. I left the working notes that I tested with the fonts in this one, just because

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	updates copy.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	16722  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 09-09-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: ### LATEST WIP ###

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

That's awesome!

Might I suggest that the cross-outs be diagonal so you can clearly read what's underneath?

Great idea, glad i thought of it! (though the original version will be right next to it for comparison, as well)

My finished maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

LOL! You are a strange man.

I also found a power adapter for the scanner for under 15.00, just have to wait for my paypal account to stock up and I can order it online, should be here by next week. YAY

My finished maps

Wip

Ok, updated for most of the final effects, all that should be left now is working on making the notes wobble around a bit more (except for the mage's notes, he's too fastidious to let it look natural)

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	updates copy.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	16730  

My finished maps

Great work CM, I'll see what I can do about 'antiqui-fying' my octoclops, or I can upload the .PSD here if you'd like.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast