Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Entry: Lynch the Scribe

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Up to you, I'd be happy to do the work on it, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time (though I wouldn't turn down a finished product handed to me, lol)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post More Octoclops

OK CM, here you go...a couple of different Sepia-toned beasties, and the .PSD so you can play mad-scientist with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Octoclops_sepia1.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	16734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Octoclops_sepia2.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	16735   Octoclops.psd  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

wow thanks.

Yeah, I think I can make something workable with this. i hope you don't mind if I tweak it around a little

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Not at all, just something I threw together during a slow day at work. Do with it what you will.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh, I think you'll like this.

The psd file was perfect. I outlined the arms separately with a brush, plunked in half a dozen more eyes (literally, heh) outlined the whole mess, made several copied layers, ran multiple effects on each.. and now it looks like Gromet can draw if you give him a chance - and his artistic streak came out when he did some shading with campfire charcoal

I'll make another wip post soon so you can see...
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 09-10-2009 at 10:33 PM.

My finished maps

Well, the updated notes look nice, I think, much more natural. There are still some with nice even lines, but that's because of the natures of the personalities involved by those leaving them.

I'm trying to decide wether Gromet is going to unleash his artistic side and toss in some more sketches, but I'm leaning towards why not - once I take out the working notes, I'm going to have a large blank patch.

There's some humour in some the notes, but I tried not to overdo it, or write out entire conversations I could imagine taking place

And the octoclops! yay!

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	updates copy.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	16752  

My finished maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

A map with dancing girls, A+
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip

Heh, just for that I may have to add some dancing girls in to a new version

That having been said, unless I go wacky like I did with the goldmine map, this is close to done, if not actually so.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	composite copy.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	16758  

My finished maps

Very nice, very humorous. I only just now noticed this place is called Gelderland? Which is one of the provinces in the Netherlands:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelderland
    It's a great place, actually I am going to vacation there for the next two weeks

What I don't get is that the first map is very crisp and clean, with white paper and that the second map is very brown. Did the paper age so fast in a year or did Gromet throw the map in a mudpool somewhere?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Very good stuff here CM (yeah Octoclops!), the only thing I would change is the white background on the 'after' map. Seem very jarring, maybe some kind of tan/beige color instead? *shrugs*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast