Thread: September Entry: Lynch the Scribe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wip September Entry: Lynch the Scribe

Not as early an entry as I would have like to have made, but I had a few other projects that had priority (money always wins out, lol), and then I had to cast around for some good ideas (the previous ones I had are already taken, and I really wanted to do something different).

So, the idea behind this entry is to show a map acquired by a group of adventurers when they first land upon the shores of a (formerly) distant land. They purchase it from a reputable looking scribe, who has compiled it from "trusted sources". (exact wording is important, heh). As they explore this new land, they keep track of what happened where, and correct the discrepancies between the map and what's REALLY out there. At some point, I'm sure the frustrations regarding the inaccuracies will show through in the map notes, hence the entry title

I meant to post a WIP in progress sooner than this but got so caught up in creating I forgot First map is approaching finished already, then the REAL fun begins.

(partially an idea I had floating around in my head for awhile - I used to give out inaccurate maps to my gaming groups, and they'd correct them as they went - and partially inspired by msa. It probably would have stayed floating around if not for the reminder, yay )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antiquetime copy.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	996.1 KB 
ID:	16679  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."