Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Giau'Rexan, Imperium Haereticum Jugis Redigis, WIP

AND PRIME SAID, LET THERE BE LABELS
    AND THERE WERE LABELS
    AND PRIME LOOKED UPON THE LABELS, AND SAW THAT THEY WERE GOOD

Now all I have left are roads/paths/sea lanes and finishing touches. This should be done pretty soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Giau'Rexan Labels merged.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	17197  
    Last edited by Gregorus Prime; 09-28-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

And Octoclops replied "Let there be REP!"

This map has really moved along in a good way. It started off with somethng that I had to work at to see potential (possibly your brilliance was confusing me?) and it's turned into something that i look at and go "hrm. yeah, i could run a party through there, easy. Where's my dice!!" lol

*rep*

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Roads/paths/sea lanes finished. I have decided that, for reasons completely unrelated to my laziness, the Rexani (Dragonborn) do not name their roads, and instead simply refer to them as "Origin/Destination Road" whenever somebody asks on what road they found that one big rock that kinda looks like Fonzie.

I'm not crazy about the sea lanes. Any advice there? Once those are squared away it's a simple matter of throwing on my finishing touches and finally deciding what the actual size of this continent is going to be. I'm thinking somewhere from 800-1200 miles across.

Views:	45 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	17199  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I might suggest making them a bit less whelmng. Even in the thumbnail, they dominate the map. Something about the size of your red and blue roads perhaps?

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Adjustments made. I just might steamroll on through and finish this damn thing tonight.

Then I need to figure out how I'm going to map out the BIG continent. That will be a pain.

EDIT: Tentative final version added.

Views:	40 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	17200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Giau'Rexan Final.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	17203  
    Last edited by Gregorus Prime; 09-29-2009 at 02:54 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This has turned out nicely, and the sea lanes look much better now.

I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of the font you used - but that's more of a preference thing, I find it a bit difficult to read.

As for mapping your large continent, maybe break it up into what you feel are manageable portions, perhaps in 'tiles' similar to this in size. You can always 'assemble' them in a larger map later.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I was thinking of doing that, but in reverse: a single large and less detailed map to show the very limits of the continent which I will then use as a basis for developing the details of the individual quarti of the Imperium. (Four big sections, you see, easier to divide further into smaller provinces.)

Anyway, I'll posting this map in the finished forum just as soon as I can think of an interesting way to present the fluff. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and comments.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234