Thread: Who is interested in a Japanese Castle Map?

Question Who is interested in a Japanese Castle Map?

I am currently researching to design an authentic Japanese Castle (Matsue Shiro, Shimane, Japan) at D20 scale (1" = 5')

I have some resource material, scale and am about to start.

The goal being to have a set of Japanese Castle maps ready for RPG games - like Oriental Adventures, D20 modern, ShadowRun, Cyberpunk and others.

Problem is that at D20 scale, I would have to print the first two floors each on 2 sheets at 36" x 74", with the upper floors maybe fitting on a single sheet.

One 36 x 74 is about $10 ($8 with volume), and there would be at least 7 sheets to complete the castle.

Note this is only the central tower keep of the castle (tenshu) not the three outer bailleys, a small 3 story castle, gatehouse, outerwall and moat - the latter will appear as an add-on map set, if I do this project.

Is creating an authentic Japanese castle a worthwhile project with the goal of being made available to sell on my site!

Any feedback on this? Is this a worthwhile project?
    __________________________________________________ ______________

And I am almost completed with creating an RPG Map POD shop. Although the POD shop catalog is active, there are only a few products listed - mine and 12 to Midnight publishing. Still have to create a signup and add products form.

Sounds like a good endeavor. I will mention that there are many Sengoku players that would absolutely bang down your door to get that map. I would suggest you mentioning it to them.

There are a few Sengoku forums out there just Google them. As for printing them out, I personally wouldn't do that as there are so many Virtual Tabletop programs out there that could use a map like that. If you can try to refrain from putting a grid in. A grid should be able to be added by the user and since different systems use different grid types and sizes putting in a grid would reduce its usability.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.