Thread: Rawr - WIP

Wip Rawr - WIP

Greetings, I've spent several months lurking in the shadows of this forum, and now, I post!

This is part of my WIP. The world's working name is Rawr. I use the word "rawr" for pretty much any temporary variable that I need to hold a value for testing something in my various C/C++/PHP projects. This came from my asking my fiancee for a random short word on several occasions, and almost every time she said "rawr." When I was creating this world, I saved it using the filename "rawr.ps" and it went from there.

It is being made with David Allen's Planets suite, AutoREALM, Google Earth, MSPaint, and Kolourpaint.

The attached is a "satellite" view part of the Southern Hemisphere with textures taken from a lo-res texture map of the Earth from NASA. I have not included the ice cap. The little thumbtack is the location of the South Pole.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rawr.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	16754  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Good to see you finally 'de-lurked'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here's a quick pic of the "southwestern" continent. I've now added the GIMP, Wilbur, and FT Pro to the list of tools used for my world. This continent is the only one that I have anywhere near "done." Oh, and don't mind the rivers, I was playing with FT Pro's river thing and they got stuck on there. My rivers will be better.

Name:	rawrseft.PNG 
Views:	53 
Size:	998.1 KB 
ID:	17442  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's pretty interesting. I like the swirly-ness of the terrain because it looks sort of realistic, like a satellite shot.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've finished my climate zones and created a texture map on FT Pro.

I think may redo my continental shelves, but other than that, I'm pretty much done with the natural stuff. Now I get to work on populating it.

Name:	l-lil.PNG 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	17732