Thread: September Entry: The Liberation War

Guild Apprentice

Post September Entry: The Liberation War

This map shows some key events in the Liberation War. In the war, Myrisia rebelled against the occupying forces of the Empire of Dar'al Pelor. This is from my own D&D campaign, which is a synthesis of Eastern Mediterranean history, culture and mythology with D&D's PoL core setting.

A note on the my title and dates:
    The map is meant to be an in-world representation of the war from the perspective of the Empire (hence Myrisian Rebellion rather than Liberation War). The Empire records yearly dates based on two counts. One is the number of years since the founding of the of Dynasty (only used in the map's creation date). The other yearly count is the number of into the reign of a particular Emperor or Empress.

If I have time, I'd like to clean up the text some to make it a bit more legible and add some kind of compass and scale to the bottom, left-hand corner. I may also change some of the location names.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Liberation War.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	424.6 KB 
ID:	16791  
    Last edited by Steel General; 09-12-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks like Greece with some grunge and different names. Hope you do more with this.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

More contestants is always a good thing. You are up to some very tough competition though, so put in any extra effort you can. I do like your map...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Apprentice

Played with the color balance some and repositioned text for legibility.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Liberation War.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	506.8 KB 
ID:	16799  
    Last edited by ElfSpeaker; 09-13-2009 at 06:59 AM.