I've only known this site for about two weeks now and I'm already totally blown away by this treasure chest full of helpful tutorials, awesome maps, and vivid discussions. Great community here!

As many of you I'm here because I want to learn how to create really great maps. And of course I want to use those in my rpg campaigns, as most of you seem to do. So I think I'm in the right place.

I've some experience with Photoshop and Corel Draw and I've drawn several not-so-nice maps and floor-plans over the years for my campaigns. Now its time for some quality work. I'm everything but an artist, so I'm in desperate need for good tutorials and tools.

But for now, my first project will be to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator CS3. I know Corel Draw quite well (since version 3), but I'd like to switch to Illustrator and the whole Adobe Creative Suite. Since I love Photoshop, I'm very confident to like Illustrator as well, at least when I learn to know it better.
The next step would be to do some mapping for my current Exalted (by White Wolf) campaign with Illustrator and Photoshop.

Oh, and I work in the field of "industrial image processing". With image processing techniques - in opposite to image editing - you do not create an image but extract information from an image. Common examples are OCR, face detection, computer vision, and so on. So perhaps I'll find a topic or two where I can contribute something myself. We'll see.