Thread: Campaign Cartographer 2 vs. 3?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Post Campaign Cartographer 2 vs. 3?

Hey guys,

I'm rebuilding my computer this week (yay!!!!), and when I reload my software I'm thinking of going from CC2, which I've had and liked for years, to CC3. Is it worth the cash to upgrade? Has anyone used both, and am I missing out using CC2 vs. CC3?

Symbol graphics are nicer and you can incorporate bitmaps easier. The layer effects are very good, and well worth making use of should you get CC3. You also get access to some drawing tools (for forests etc.) that make mapping a little quicker. Other than this? Not too much I suppose. The interface is pretty much the same as CC2-Pro. The upgrade is mainly in the look of the final maps.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

having used CC2, CC2 Pro, and CC3, the usage is identical, but the final output is worlds apart.

Thnakfully, upgrading from CC2 to CC3 (the maps that is) is quite easy to do!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Used CC2 and CC3. Its a worthwhile upgrade.

It really improves the results and that's what matters.

s

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd