Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Fantasy Map Please

Yes, it is taken as long as Gidde is willing to work on it. Sorry, I didnt know how to change it.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

No worries, I think the community leaders have to be the ones to change it anyhow.

Blog Entries

This sounds very interesting. I am/was waaay too busy to slice any time to doing it so kudos to Gidde. Just wanted to say that there's a silent / hidden audience... no pressure ! LOL but glad someone has gone for it.

We thought it would be neat to have iconic shapes representing all of the countries, so here's step 1.

*Note: This step is really ugly, as right now I'm just worried about getting good symbols for each archetype, and their general size and placement in relation to each other.

The symbols in the bottom right corner (kieto) are japanese kanji for "island country" (shimaguni). They'll just be the basic outline for the island chain (same with the apple for the isles of discordia).

I didn't label the different countries for not wanting to cover the symbols, they're all in pretty much the same spots as on LadyTear's sketch .... the only one i'm really not happy with is Rockland (the "symbol" is a pretty shabbily-drawn cave mouth), but I'm out of ideas on that one.

Wow! It looks so great so far. I really like the way you got them all to fit together, the are already starting to blend nicely. I love the way you made Holocaust the flames coming from the dragon of Dracatic. I will try to come up with something for Rockland.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That's a neat idea and looking pretty darn good so far.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks guys! (and phew! I was afraid you'd hate it.) I'm glad you liked Holocaust; that was probably my favorite part.

Well, since this stage seems to have gone ok, I'll be starting to create a land mass from this starting tonight. Stay tuned

On Rockland: My brother suggested a geode, which I really like the idea of; I'll try to work that in as well.

Wow, really innovative and cool map. I never would have thought to produce something like that but I'm keen on it. And it really is exceptionally creative. Great work! Looks like the Lady is in good hands

A geode could work. I had a better chance to look over it, and I must say, it is great so far. The images you choose are great and I still cant get over how they are fitting together. I cant wait to see the next step. Thanks sooo much.

Thanks!!

I think I have the shape of the coastline down, and I've roughed in the mountain peaklines, which will provide about half of the definition for the shapes. The rest will be done with forests, rivers, deserts, etc.

The really thick peaklines will just be higher mountains, except for the areas that are totally filled in which will become mesas.

It's actually quite liberating to put stuff in where it looks cool rather than obsessing over plate tectonics and weather patterns. I'm having a blast with this, I'm glad I took it on
    Last edited by Gidde; 09-24-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast