Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Strange Fantasy Map Please

Are the volcanoes the darkened mountains in Holocaust?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

If you zoom in, you should be able to see the lava and smoke coming from the tops of the volcanoes. Here I've added swamps (south Dracatic, Malevolot, Necrata, Mystik), scalebar and compass.

I think this is as far as I can take ya ... here's the final version, with and without labels. The city locations were vague enough that I didn't want to arbitrarily place them; you'll have to figure out where they should go to best fit your game. Sin's a blank slate basically, because again I didn't want to arbitrarily decide those borders for you ... and actually drawing in a country-sized city is going to be a project in and of itself. Sometime tonight I'll post up a quick coloring-book version with just coast/river/border lines so that you can zoom and start filling in your detail ... hopefully this gives you a good enough start to start fleshing it out as your party plays it through.

//Edit: Added the traceable outline drawing. Rivers/Lakes/Coasts are stroked in black, country borders in green.
    Last edited by Gidde; 10-07-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Added pic

Well, I have to say, it turned out beautifully. I am looking around at everything, and it is going to add so much to the game. Sorry that I didnt give you enough info for the cities and stuff though. The volcanoes are wonderful, the smoke you used looks great. Everything just looks so good. I cant say how pleased I am with the way it turned out. I am not sure when the next game will be, but after we have it, I will post at let you know what the group thought and how it turned out. Thanks, thanks, thanks soo much. I just cant say it enough. You are amazing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice job Gidde!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks!

Closing out the WIP thread and putting the final in the finished maps section.

i'm a noob..yeah i know..

but has this project been completed?...i'd like to see an image of whoever completed it

whoops...nevermind..apparently i should read ALL the pages...not just the last of the first page..lol

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678