Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inn for VTT

Neat. I wonder if there is a similar filter for PS.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Can you provide us with some links or what to search for on the Dundjinni forums
    Try these links:

http://www.dunjinni.com/forums/forum...66&KW=overlays

and

http://www.dunjinni.com/forums/forum...04&KW=overlays (This one is by Heruca and is a bloody footprint overlay, but with a colour change it can also be a muddy foorprint overlay)

and

http://www.dunjinni.com/forums/forum...3&KW=scratches

and

http://www.dunjinni.com/forums/forum...6&KW=scratches

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Awesome! Thanks Torq!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected kalmarjan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Neat. I wonder if there is a similar filter for PS.
    There is, I believe available from alienskin:

Xenofex 2 stain filter

available here: http://www.alienskin.com/xx2/index.html

Unfortunately, it is a little pricey. If you can handle it, the same effect can be made with the layer styles/effects. If you want to know how let me know. Sorry to hijack this thread.

Sandeman
    Last edited by kalmarjan; 07-24-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    What???? You mean there is NO MAGIC RENDER BUTTON!

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan View Post
    There is, I believe available from alienskin:

Xenofex 2 stain filter

available here: http://www.alienskin.com/xx2/index.html

Unfortunately, it is a little pricey. If you can handle it, the same effect can be made with the layer styles/effects. If you want to know how let me know. Sorry to hijack this thread.

Sandeman
    You know what? I think I have that already. I'll have to double check. Unfortunately it is on my home computer so can't yet.

Regardless I would be very interested in how you achieve similar effects. Go ahead and start a new thread and teach.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Okay, so I've had a bit of a play with the floor (I got my laptop back complete with the xcf file). I used some tips from a stained parchment tutorial (linked to by Kalmarjan here) to add some random stains to the floor. I also pulled a lot of the colour out of it to make it look a little more worn. I haven't put all the set dressing into this one (that only comes when I put it into maptool - the players like to throw stuff about, so I import the furniture as separate objects). Anyway, comments on the floor stains and the new overall look will be much appreciated. Here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LHGrnd3.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	587

That is a definite improvement! Well done. I still think some black soot staining around the front of the fireplaces and of course the strewn straw in the horse area would enhance it just a touch more, but overall it really has a much more lived in appearance. I think your players will be very pleased.

The straw's independent of the background which is why it isn't here - I've laid down a little in the top stall on the right as an example. Good point about the soot. I'll have a go at it.

Hm... why would the straw be independent? Do you really plan on moving it around?

As for the appearance of the straw at the scale you are using there, the straw at the top of the room is almost spot on perfect. The straw at the bottom is way too long and linear. That doesn't give me the impression of straw, but more like thin dowels or something.

No, not really, but I have created three different bundles of straw that can be dragged into maptool, rotated and resized to fill up the rooms. It's actually easier and quicker to do it there than in Gimp. You're right about the larger straw sections. I'll remember to shrink them before use in the adventure. Thanks for the C&C.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast