Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inn for VTT

No problem. My thought on the straw was more about 'residual' straw that would be left all over the floor from constantly bringing it in and the horses knocking it around and such. The bales of hay though is definitely a good idea for filler and could serve as easy cover.

Will you be posting an "in game" pic? I would love to see it in action.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Now I've got the floor sorted out I'll post a screenshot of the dressed Inn from the maptoold campaign when I have it all put together. Now all we need is for trevor to get that 'export map' function built into maptool...

I'll post an in-game shot if anyone here is interested - otherwise I'll keep those posts to the maptool forums.

Yes, that would be a nice feature. Whether you post here or there I'll catch it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quick tip-

Head over to devientART and search for gimp grung brush (or click here

http://search.deviantart.com/?sectio...p+grunge+brush

then download a bunch. Indespensible for adding wear, dirt and mess to things

-Rob A>

Thanks. I'll have a go with those. I haven't really gone into custom gimp brushes yet, that should keep me out of trouble for a few days....

I really appreciate the chandelier. There's nothing like a good chandelier swing to liven up a bar brawl. Very thoughtful of you as a GM, and hopefully your players will take advantage of it....

Cheers and very nice map!

Thanks. They had better use the chandelier, after I placed it there so carefully...

On a similar theme I thought this might be a good place to ask. I'm currently doing the set dressing on the Inn and I was trying to think of entertaining things to have in a bar fight and I'm drawing a bit of a blank. So if anybody has any particular favourite items for a bar fight, please suggest them!

Okay, I have dressed the Inn and thought I'd post some pictures. The set dressing is done by placing the objects (separate .png files) on to the base map in maptools. So I've exported some screenshots of the dressed inn with both player and GM views. Changes from previous posts: The floor got a bit muddier and the hearths now have some charcoal smudges. Thanks for the grunge brush link for those. All the objects are my own creation in gimp, except for the horses which were lifted from www.rpgmapshare.com and created by a guy called steelrat - who runs the site.

Anyway, here they are:

Players' and GM's views of the ground floor:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playerView.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	708.9 KB 
ID:	663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMView.png 
Views:	380 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	664

Player's and GM's views of the first floor:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlayerViewLv1.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	438.2 KB 
ID:	666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMViewLv1.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	945.1 KB 
ID:	665

Any further C&C appreciated, though these are pretty well done now. All that is left is to add in the other patrons and have a full on bar fight!

If anyone wants to use these, feel free. I can easily create a version with all the set dressing but without the maptool shading for ease of use. Let me know if this would be helpful.

Man, those are some SWEET maps.

Can I ask you to post them on Eruvian.com along with the gaming content (e.g. characters, encounter details, traps, treasure, etc.)? I'm sure the community there would greatly value this inn as a locale, and probably want to incorporate them into at least one of the settings that are being collaboratively built. Everything on Eruvian is published in both GM-only and player views, so the fact you've got both maps is just perfect.

Work of this quality must be shared with the world! Thanks!
    Post your maps in the context they belong in - your world! - at Eruvian.com. Be a builder of worlds...!

Thanks. It was fun to build it and I learned a lot. I'll check out Eruvian.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast