Thread: The Wilderlands of Lords

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post The Wilderlands of Lords

With the help of pasis' raising up the mountains tutorial I have given new life to a old campaign map of mine. This was originally drawn over 20 years ago with ink on paper and lost for many years, packed away in a friends garage. Recently I was asked to come and pick up a few boxes of my stuff and lo and behold I found a treasure.

This is a scan of the original map and the final result once I had this in photoshop and a weekend free to really work on it:

This is my campaign map for a dungeons and dragons game that lasted over a decade. I hope I did the memories of those many adventures justice with this new map.

The Wilderlands of Lords is so named for the three gods who feature prominently in its history, Aran, Lorn and Chreen...The Lords of the Wilderlands. Yvilnor is an ancient home of the dwarven people who have mined beneath the Aether Wall for centuries. Their trade flows down the Shadowmere River to the great human city of Adwa-Ki and through the rich farmlands and pastures of the Lords Plains and down eventually to the Elven capital of Aarvvodin. The Nomad Road between the port town of Synex and Yvilnor also bears goods and many travellers to the Wilderlands who arrive from empires across the sea to the north east. Few travellers will brave the journey by see from Synex to the southern cities for fear of the Great Maelstrom which either swallows ships or drives them into the Shipwreck Coast.

One distinctive feature of the Wilderlands is the great escarpment that seperates the eastern coast from the Lords Plains, here one will find many of the less wholesome creatures of the land, many is the adventurer who has failed to return from Chreen's Chance. Many other features of the Wilderlands remain shrouded in mystery, but they mearly await the next brave explorer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapwilderlandsx.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	316.6 KB 
ID:	16830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wilderlandsfullx.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	16831