Thread: Hello everybody

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello everybody

Dear members of the Cartographers' Guild,

I am a 31-years old Hungarian guy. I always liked drawing maps, but it has remained a pure hobby for me. My appearance is simply coincidental here, I have been just browsing around in order to find some map-generating algorithms: to be honest, my main area of interest is computer-generated realistic maps. Although, my family and my job requires some time on my side, so my presence here might be not too frequent.

I wrote my own small programs to generate maps by fractal and other algorithms, but I am currently interested in the GIMP, mainly because its free-of charge nature and scripting capabilities. I also tried the Fractal Terrains demo, its projection features are amazing (in spite of this, terrain generation functions of it seemed somewhat limited), maybe I will by it in the future.

And I have almost forgotten, of course I have been playing also with Wilbur. (Steel General and Redrobes, thanks for reminding me )

Best regards,

czakolaci
    Last edited by czakolaci; 09-15-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: I forgot to mention Wilbur...