Thread: [taken][Paid, $50]World MMO Map

Post [taken][Paid, $50]World MMO Map

Hello, I have decided to scrape up $50 dollar payment to generate some interest in the map. As well as try and get a better explanation of what is needed. So if you have seen my previous post (which I don't think was very clear), hopefully I can be more clear in this new post..

Time Constraints:
    N/A

Style:
    Looking for a realistic look, not really the antique drawn. Some examples of some styles I like are:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...8&d=1250579063
    On this map, I do like the various climate regions. For example, they have a cold northern snowy region, temperate, desert. A wealth of rivers, lakes, etc is nice. Also, I like the forests, mountains, rivers & lakes.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...8&d=1253985352
    Another map, this one is neat, but doesn't contain a clear desert area or a snowy cold area.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...3&d=1252583553
    This one I really like the size (3100x3100), and the level of detail and variation when you zoom in. However, it doesn't contain enough climate diversity like the first example.

Description of the Map:

The world is flexible in a sense that we plan on making the locations of the game based on someone's talented cartography. it can be a section of a presumably unknown world like this: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...756_albion.JPG, OR be continents/islands (like the Adalia map)

For starters, we only need the geography: no need to put in locations, borders, roads, region titles, sea routes or anything like that. Perhaps a grid, and a decorative compass, other then that not much on top of the geography.

What we need the world to contain is, like most of the 3 example maps I linked to contain: coast lines, rivers, mountain ranges, forests, plains, a cold snowy region, and at least one major sized desert region. Also, some islands of small - medium size.

You as the mapper have the basic creative control over the world. The game is under a pretty big renovation and we are going to approach it wanting to just plan the locations and geography based on a realistic looking random terrain. Kinda like rolling for stats on a character, only in this case its the world map. The towns, dungeons and other locations aren't really visible from the world map view.

*If no layout, or terrain explanation is really big turn off to potential mappers, please comment, and if need be I can try and narrow down a outline...

Quality & Size:
    3100x3100 size on that Adalia map is nice, so preferable very high resolution similar to that. Square shape is nice.

Copyright: I would like to have the copyright of the map for commercial use. However if the artist wants to use the map for their gallery, personal use, tutorial, or something similar then that's fair.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I went ahead and approved the thread, it's viable I'd really like to see someone jump in and do this as it's pretty easy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I forgot to mention, payment is via PayPal, unless that is a problem... then I can always mail a check or some centuries past method

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Sounds interesting. I could give it a try, if time is not critical. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I might have perked up in the previously created thread, but it looked like someone had taken it.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

If this commission has been taken, please let us know. I will put [taken] into the subject.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...