Thread: Making an Atlas Need Some Advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Making an Atlas Need Some Advice

Hi

I'm making an Atlas of fantasy maps and I would like to do them in the style of HandsomeRob's tutorial.

OK I have Photoshop cs2, Illustrator cs2, Gimp, and can get Inkscape at any time if I need to (Hell it's free).

Now I'm using FTPro to create maps. is there any technique I can use to smooth out the FT's fractal spaghetti and make it look more like a modern Atlas style map?

Another question is about using real world maps and modifying them to my specifications to place in my maps. This is if I can't get the FT stuff to work out for me. Any thing I need to know or some tutorials to point me towards.

EDIT: Sorry that was a dumb question. Just import them into photoshop and do as Ye will.

One of my drawbacks is I don't have the money to get those really nice 3d programs. One I did look at was WorldMachine. That is one strange program. Anyone here ever use it and is it worth it to figure out?

Thanks all !!!!! Love this place. I have learned a lot in the time I'v been here!
    Last edited by Nexis; 09-16-2009 at 10:19 PM.