Thread: What Mapping Elements do You Want to See?

Guild Apprentice

Question What Mapping Elements do You Want to See?

Hello everyone

Currently I am creating some 3D map elements as part of my capstone class. Right now i am creating a Forest Ruins set, and Medieval Town set. The third set of images I am creating will be things like potions bottles, chairs, table, ect. So I wanted to ask the community what elements you would like to see, and if you had any specific requests. If you want to keep up on my progress i have a thread in the 3D forum. Here is a WIP of a ruin column for an idea of the style I am going for. Thanks everyone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss+(2016-12-21+at+01.09.00).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	90410

Very cool Jason! Good, top down, slightly isometric pillars are hard to find.

That looks vert cool Jason! Im looking forward to that medieval town set! Could you share a link to your thread o the other forum?

-Dan

Guild Apprentice

Sure Daniel! And thanks. I didn't know they were, thats good to know Bogie.
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=36271

Guild Apprentice

I updated my other thread, i wanted to ask again is there any props anyone would like to see? If your missing something from your collection i can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWrong View Post
    I updated my other thread, i wanted to ask again is there any props anyone would like to see? If your missing something from your collection i can make it.
    need alchemist's stuff ....
    THIS kind of : https://www.google.fr/search?q=verre...re+de+chimie&*

Wall candle sconces. Wall-mounted torch holders. Both lit and not.

Doors (top-down and laying on the floor).

And, everything without drop shadows! Dundjinni's community was fantastic, but everything is marred with a thick, heavy drop shadow that can't be easily removed. Even when one takes the time to carefully erase it, often there remains an outline.

Guild Apprentice

I'm late into my project so i can make much more than i already have planned out. However that said once this project is done I will definitely work on an alchemists set, sound really cool Souricette. Sharpe i currently am working on wall mounted torches, pyre pit, and standing torches, i do like the idea of having them on and off ill make sure to include that. I should have a update on them in about 1-2 weeks so keep an eye on my WIP thread. As for the doors i can do that after as well. My current project will be rendering with both shadows and no shadows. Here's a complete list of the stuff i have planned for this round of work. (Pardon the bad naming conventions)

Pillar 1, Pillar 2, Crypt, Statue, Tree 1,Tree 2, Tree 3, Stump, Foliage Bush 1, Foliage Bush 2, Rock 1, Rock 2, Torch, Crystals, Potion Bottle 1, Potion Bottle 2, Potion Bottle 3, Cauldron, Clay Pot 1, Clay Pot 2, Table, Torch, Barrel, Crates, Blacksmiths, Pyre Pit, House 1, House 2, House 3, Banners 1, Banners 2, Sign, Well, Torch, Cart, Bridge.

Guild Apprentice

Back with another update. So i finished my final capstone project for school, I created a brand named 3DCritical. I was nominated for Best Capstone, didn't win unfortunately but i was honored to be nominated. I'll be making assets every month and down the road i will be doing tutorials as well. Of course i will be here asking for feedback, getting suggestions, and giving away freebies. Business model is 5$ a Critical Pack, which contains at least 10 assets each, all rendered in different angles, and Critical Singles which will be pay what you want.

Here are the links to my sites
    Gumroad - Store front to buy the item packs.
    Patreon - Place for tutorials, working files, development.

Heres my final project video.

I will be giving out some of the items from my first 3 packs as freebies below. I have also created a coupon code for the guild. Use code "cartographersguild" if you would like to receive 3$ off each pack (Limited to 10). I will restock the codes every now and then when i have enough content available.

Cartographers Guild Freebies
    Cartographers Guild Freebies.zip