Thread: Planet/Global Map WIP

Wip Planet/Global Map WIP

Alright, so as I've previously shown in my introductory thread, I am currently working on my own little map-of-the-world deal. At this point I've ditched the parchment style map and mouse-drawn land for Jezelf's cut-and-paste land, which I think look much better, and seems to look better than the other not-random-coastline tutorials have turned out. Also I did a quick 10-minute polar distortion to show the planet from both the north and south poles. This is a WIP so I haven't done any further terrain, mountain, desert, and the like detailing, and I'd like to make it larger as well, but it's coming slowly but surely...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KazenareWorld.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	16926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KPolar.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	16927  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting land shapes, not a whole lot going on between the 'tropic' lines.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That's a lot of empty ocean. Maybe add some archipelagos or something?

Yeah I know. There's no land near the tropics for reasons of my storyline n' such. Basically there is a big ocean separating the two landmasses from each other for however many thousands of years. I wanted to half-emulate the Eurasia and America separation in our world.