Thread: Opera Browser?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Opera Browser?

Does anyone use the opera browser on this site? How does it work?

I have tried opera mobile on my blackberry, and opera on the wii and neither can display the images when I click on a thumbnail.

Wondering if this is the same in the desktop version.

-Rob A>

I have an older version lying around (v9.52). I just tested thumbnail clicking and it works without any problems for me.

Edit: While I was at it, I upgraded to v10.0 which works fine, too.
    Last edited by Tear; 09-19-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post
    I have an older version lying around (v9.52). I just tested thumbnail clicking and it works without any problems for me.

Edit: While I was at it, I upgraded to v10.0 which works fine, too.
    So what is the difference between Opera and Firefox?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hehe, that's like asking what the difference between Photoshop and GIMP is. They're just two different programs that accomplish the same task (web browsing in this case). If you're curious, it only takes about 30 seconds to install it, give it a test drive

RobA, did you still need this tested? I need to download all the browsers on my new build anyhow, I could test it.

I commonly use Opera at home, ever since my FF install got corrupted.

I've not noticed any issues at all here. I do have occasional problems with people running non-standard CSS. Most notably, my bank's navigation bar doesn't work right, but they've got alternative links for older browsers in the footers.

Facebook sometimes doesn't like it. There are times when I can't post comments or upload images. Those problems seem to be intermittent, although there are certain apps there that never work, so I just ignore all of them now. (So for those of you trying to get me to help you in Mafia Wars, that's the reason.)
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I've been using Opera since version 2. I love it. Some web sites may give you problems because unlike the other browsers, it isn't as friendly to non-standards compliant sites.

Edit:Also Shockwave and Opera don't play well together, but that is rarely an issue, and I would presume you have another browser installed anyways like FF (or IE-Yuck).

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I'm talking about the Desktop version. I don't have a phone that can us Opera mini (yet).