Thread: Print on Demand?

Question Print on Demand?

I know there are a number of POD authors here.

Any recommendations for/against various companies?

I have been considering booklocker for a little book on fantasy map-making using Gimp...

-Rob A>

Post Lulu has a special going on...

Hey RobA,

I'm sure that Booklocker is a decent setup, but I know that Lulu.com has a special going on right now (though your book might not be ready, so the "special" may be over, but the time you're ready.)

Right now Lulu.com is offering: free ISBN, free listing on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com, free cover design, and a free single printing of your book sent to you. Depending on the size of your book (ie: number of pages) there are several options to bindery and cover offers. You can saddle-stitch (11 x 17 folded in half for 4 pages, then stapled twice on biding edge), perfect binding (letter size stacked on top of the other and glued to book binding at center), spiral binding, and hard cover binding. You book can be any standard size (8 or so options) from quarter size, half page size, letter size portrait or landscape and several others.) That's alot of free for the money.

You also, of course, get a free store page listing on Lulu.com

Plus author earns 80% of cover price for profit (above printing cost). (Cost of printing, plus markup, where lulu.com earns 20% of markup price.)

I'm definitely going lulu.com when Kaidan adventure one, The Gift is published (now looking like Wednesday, next week...)

GP

PS: also being sold at RPGNow, Paizo Store, Dementia 5, Gamer-Printshop, and a few other places.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-20-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations