Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Holy Isle" isometric sketch-up

I think my thread here deserves the "First Annual Threadjack Award". I can't even remember what's at the top of this thread anymore!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    I think my thread here deserves the "First Annual Threadjack Award". I can't even remember what's at the top of this thread anymore!
    I think it was some sort of map or something.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post I think it was some sort of map or something.

Well, I didn't remember what it was originally about either , except for the fact that it was where I was christened Tim. But, back MANY days ago, it WAS a map:

12-13-2007, 10:55 AM

Pyrandon - going back through the Finished Maps this morning. The sketch-up is one of the coolest maps I've seen in awhile. It reminds me of a tourist brochure for a vacation destination.

Slightly "different" style but amazing.
    Thinking back to my comment that it resembles a tourist brochure, I think that the RPG community can do well to look at other actual "location" literature.

The Ptolus hardcover comes to mind in that Monte Cooke specifically tried to follow the format that is common in travel books today. And I think that it does improve the utility of such a document.

I think a majority of the RPG industry output is location description of one form or another, which is why cartography is so important.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234