Hello all!

I go by the name Rhydderch and I have a love of all things medieval and fantasy. I am a medieval recreationist and participate with several living history groups as well as play a few online, table top miniature, and pen/paper type rpg games. One of my all time favorite online games is Ultima Online, it is an older game and considered to be the grandfather of the games that are popular with the majority of people today.

Recently I decided to mix my hobbies together and design a ultima online player run game for me and my fellow medievalists to play on. Problem is to get started correctly, I need to design a map for the game and I have no idea as to where or how to start. I have picked up all the map making tools for the game and am begining to learn to use them. The design of the map however is an issue. I am not all that artistic so not sure where to begin. I have a list of "requirements" such as location names etc (all things based off our recreationist group). So I have come here looking for help and suggestions; or even someone looking for a project and willing to lend a hand.