Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sketch Practice

Great stuff! My advice is to draw more and draw from real life as often as possible. I know I get vastly different results if I am drawing something from a photo or right in front of me or from my imagination. I think its good to exercise all those different imagination muscles.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    G - I nearly killed myself trying to draw those toes. Since I do this in the evenings I didn't have access to my sis and my nieces are with their dad for a few days so I stood in front of the bathroom mirror with my leg in the air (nice visual, eh?). Lost my balance about 5 times and gave myself a real crick in my hip...pathetic - I used to be a good dancer in college, well club dancer. It's always the little things that count.
    [mental image]
    **Middle Aged semi-nude man (possibly in boxers or budgie-smugglers) standing in bathroom with leg in air either like:
    a) Dog at fire hydrant style
    b) My Kung-Fu is far superior to your's

then seeing you fall sideways into bathtub**
    [/mental image]
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This is as far as I got on my dancer before the clarion call of maps drew me back. I'd like to finish it but I'm back in Beast Mode so I dunno.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dancer 1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	18163  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

great sense of movement on this one...

that face angle is a tricky one to capture right, but you did well on it too...

it may have been this thread of yours that started me thinking about doing my own sketching in the guild...

you are either an inspiration or a band influence...

not sure which...

but you do better than i at still producing maps while sketching...

my own map process is still much too time intensive...

phil

That's what I'm here for...influencing either way
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That one's looking good. I'm not sure on the perspective on that back arm but the flow of the image is lovely. Great sense of movement.

Yeah, I wanted the elbow (raised arm) pointing towards the viewer but with the hair covering up the bicep the effect gets messed up...I should point the elbow out more due to that. Nice catch. If you're meaning the down arm I wanted that one out to the side and not going back but going back might be interesting.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, I meant her right arm (our left). Now that you explained it I see what you mean.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234