Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WordBuilder 1.2

Blog Entries

Right, finally got round to downloading this and giving it a try. I haven't tried creating my own wordo file just yet but I can see generally how it is done and I have to say I am very impressed.

If I have two little nitpicks they would be:

1) When you release a new version in a new thread then you ought to provide a link. It's not hard for me to go find the other thread to find the "usual place" but it as this was my first time of downloading I was unsure I was correct. Not a nitpick at all really. But I'm still not sure I was correct because...

2) There seems to be no "about" box where I can check the version number etc. Not a massive complaint at all, but as I say, I'm not sure I even have version 1.2 as the filename doesn't include it either.

So, not nitpicks at all. Just not as idiot-proof for newbies as it could be.

Still... have what little rep I can give you.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Yay for Wordbuilder!

It has come up with the most genius yet supremely simple name for a desert that I can't believe I've never heard before...

Sandland!

Rest assured this name will be used on a map as soon as I get one with a sandy region.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

The desert of Sandbox: "All I see are miles of empty sand, a huge sphinx, and some hills in the distance. Wait, those aren't hills... Eeewwwwww!"

Does the Desert of Sandbox also have a rope fence around it saying "Closed by Health Inspectors. [insert fine print citing syringes, cat poo and possibly a buried dead ferret]"???

Yes. Ramah, I'm sorry about that. I copy pasted the text from my blog post and I was in a bit of a hurry, so I forgot to add the link back in.

For reference, the usual place is http://whee.dk/wordbuilder/WordBuilder.msi

And I've been meaning to add an about box, it'll get there before next release. Maybe, just maybe, I'll put in a way to check for new versions as well.

I'm glad you had some success using WordBuilder after all

Glad you like it.

How's parenthood working out for ya, Ravs?

And a new version is out! 1.3!

Download here: http://whee.dk/wordbuilder/WordBuilder.msi

New features:

* Substring command: substring <start> <end>

Where start is the first letter you want to keep, and end is the last letter you want to keep. Negative numbers count from the end of the token.

So, with the token ‘abcdefg’:

substring 2 -1 // bcdefg
    substring 1 2 // ab
    substring 1 -2 // abcdef
    substring -3 -1 // efg

* About box
    * Inkscape extension to populate selected text objects with generated words – in the install dir, there’s a folder called InkScapeExtension. Copy the content of that folder to your InkScape/share/extensions, and look under Effects/Text.

Blog Entries

Great stuff.

Look forward to testing out the substring command tommorow. That was really fast work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast