Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WordBuilder 1.2

Info WordBuilder 1.2

Download at the usual spot.

New features:

* Export word list to DPP DrawPlus image format
    * Translator – uses your dictionary to translate marked up sentences into your language
    * Token frequencies: 4[i] in a token list replaces i i i i.
    * Translate command supports token set matching using $token_set_name as well as in-place token sets using [token token token]. Also supports [tokenA 5[tokenB] tokenC] in the replacement part of a translation rule.
    * Add words to dictionary directly from the generated word list.

Thanks for the support and encouragement so far.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've yet to get this but, dude, I admire your tenacity to stick to it and make it right...that's a very good thing. I will get it when it's finally done but I don't have a real need right now. Keep up the good fight, my friend and know that I'm at least keeping an eye on ya
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Good to see you continuing to work/improve this. Like Ascension I have yet to try it, but I'll get there someday...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

No worries. I didn't expect a huge following in the first place, so it's pretty cool to get any feedback at all.

I'm looking to see if I can make a function to open an svg and fill in text areas with generated words. That'd be pretty nifty I guess. Also, maybe I'll make a command line version to allow it to work as a plugin in InkScape

Other than that, my work is focused on making short-cuts so that I can accomplish the same things I can now, but with shorter scripts. One thing I'm working on is:

Code:
    rule Word {
      loop 1 2 2 5[3] 4[4] 5 5 6 {
        rule Syllable
      }
    }
    Which would run the syllable rule a number of times between 1 and 6, and with 3 syllables 5 times as likely as 1 syllable. This can be done already, using the probability setting on mutliple rules with the same name, but that's quite a bit of code compared to the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I will get it when it's finally done
    Software can be done? Huh, I did not know that...

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Software can be done? Huh, I did not know that...
    I think he was using that fact to let me down gently. Thanks for spoiling it

Software is done when obnoxious people stop making feature requests. Or the programmer decides he's done with it.

@Alfar This program just keeps getting better, tres bien!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No no, not letting you down at all. I read every post on the site (I'm a bit anal like that) so I've followed every bit so far. If I can ever get back to making maps for me then I'll need some town names and I'll certainly be getting this and giving it a test drive. Just saying that I appreciate what you're doing but won't have any real feedback for a while Cheers, mate.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yeah well, I finished the loop command yesterday, and started playing with making an InkScape extension. Having some trouble with getting the output right, it seems, and the documentation is kinda hazy... Not that I should complain, considering WordBuilder's docs

Anyhow, I think it'll be pretty easy to fix once I get another couple of hours into it, and we'll be able to select a bunch of text boxes in InkScape and have them populated using WordBuilder rules.

Oh brother... this is stupid.

I worked and workd on getting the output right for my WordBuilder inkscape extension. Can't figure out why it won't work by calling my .exe directly, but I guess I'm doing something terribly wrong.

However, I've managed to make a python script that invokes my exe and routes my app's stdout to the script's stdout, and that works. Huh.

Anyway, only a short way to go now, really.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast