Thread: WIP - Regional Map - untitled atm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Wip WIP - Regional Map - untitled atm

Thought I'd just dive right in. Never did like introduction posts.

Mostly created following the awesome tutorial by Jeremy Elford, with a few tweaks here and there. I'm at the point that the tutorial ends and I'm starting to add bits of other tutorials I've watched/read here and there, including those of Butch Curry (also awesome). I'll be doing some subtle coloring around the coasts and forests (when they're added), adding region names and important landmarks, adding foldmarks and edge-tears, etc.

I'm going for a tolkeinesque look and feel, hopefully it looks at good as I think it does (father's love ftw )

I included what it looked like before I started playing with filters, layers, etc, too...just as a before and after comparison.

I've attached two versions, the only difference between the two being that one has a less saturated and slightly darkened ocean, the other a brighter one. I like parts of both of them, but I can't really decide between the two right now. The darker ocean gives the land more pop, but the brighter gives the whole map a warmer feel. I think I'll wait to decide until I get the colors down.

Created in photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regionalmaptextured.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	17006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regionalmaptextured1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	17007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regionalmaptexturedbefore.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	852.0 KB 
ID:	17008