Thread: My Avatar

Post My Avatar

I'm at the library and using IE, and I notice that my avatar is showing up as yellow on a white background instead of yellow on transparent like it's supposed to. The avatar looks fine using Firefox from my home machine. Are any other IE users seeing it like that and does anyone know what I need to to do to fix it? (I export the png file from GIMP.)

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.monticello21st.com/rpg/nfwiki/
    Call the Lightning. Ride the Storm. Find your Power. Become Reborn.
    Seek your Place, and know it well. Live a tale you wish to tell.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

The library browser probably doesn't have png transparency support in it, either due to something needing to be installed/activated, or an earlier version of the browser. I remember in at least one version of IE needing to install an external plugin to get png's to look right. it looks fine from here, xp with IE7.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

The library is likely running IE6, which doesn't support PNG transparencies and comes by default with Windows XP. Seeing as most people use an upgraded browser I wouldn't worry about it. If the library upgrades to IE7 the problem will be fixed. If you really worry that much about the handful of people still running an earlier browser you could use a transparent gif, but I wouldn't because most people on their home computers use an upgraded browser--either Firefox, or IE7+, or Opera or Safari.

Thanks folks. I don't use IE often enough to be sure about what does and doesn't work. Certainly on this forum I can't imagine people using unaugmented IE6.
    http://www.monticello21st.com/rpg/nfwiki/
    Call the Lightning. Ride the Storm. Find your Power. Become Reborn.
    Seek your Place, and know it well. Live a tale you wish to tell.

IE = Trash

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.