Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultima Online Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    @Ascension - he needs the actual in-game world maps developed. You need specific software to create them (all free to download).

Here is a screenshot...
    ah! So not maps, per se, but isometric game terrain graphic elements composited into areas?

-Rob A>

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    @Ascension - he needs the actual in-game world maps developed. You need specific software to create them (all free to download).
    Yes, thank you Steel for posting that.

There are a total of 5 maps in the game that need to be done, each is a different size. The challenge of coarse is to find a person that can take on the task and then manage to fit all the required elements into the area of the maps while remaing realistic.

I do not need a person to create the entire static files for the maps which is basically the deco items like trees etc, though if you wish to be involved in that I would not turn down the help. Some statics will be required in the map design, especially the town areas however. A fully deco'd map however is definately worth more to me money wise than just a bare bones one.

Guild Novice

Still looking for a map designer after all this time......

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe you should concider learning yourself. You've spent several month waiting for someone to jump on the job, but no-one has. I of course don't know why people hasn't taken it, but I'm guessing that:
    1. not many people are used to working with that specific software and making those kinds of maps
    2. the task seems pretty big to undertake, especially if you can't pay much - there are probably many hours involved.

Have you concidered posting it on elancer.com?

good luck with the project
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12