Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultima Online Maps

Guild Novice

Post Ultima Online Maps

First off, thank you to all who read this even if you are not interested in accepting. I would like to do the map myself but I really have no idea of how to make a map at all and due to pressure from others I don't have time to learn as I need to get it done asap...

Commission:

I am willing to discuss possible payment for someone that can design UO maps that fall within my needs. I am however employed at basically a min wage job so I can not pay much unless you are willing to accept payments.

Time Constraints

The sooner the better of coarse. I have staff people ready to customize and decorate the world and players waiting for it to open.

Style

Ultima Online game map

Quality & Size

Looking to eventually replace all game maps

Copyright

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain nor give or sell it to others persons for use.

Description

This shard is being created for a specific target group of players. We are all medievalists and belong to multiple living history recreationist organizations (mainly the SCA and the Adrian Empire). The game is being created to give us a way to participate and continue in the RP story line within our groups when we are not together bashing each other with real weapons.

If you know anything about UO then you have the basic idea of what the game is all about, now imagine the game without monsters and magic; basically all fantasy elelments removed making the game into more of a medieval simulation. Monsters are replaced with hordes of barbarians, traveling road bandits, etc. Magic still somewhat exsists but only in the forms of herbalism and alchemy only. The attempt is to make the game ultra realistic.

If you help on this project you will have pretty much artistic freedom. There is a list of inclusions; mainly town names, locations etc which are derived from the organizations in which we participate. Each town should have water access to the surrounding sea either by being coastal or river access allowing for our corsair (pirate) members to rp in each town.

There are very few caves and even fewer dungeons, this is to be more real life.

UO does have multiple maps and all of them can be used to incude everything we need to.

There does need to be an island or something that is netural. This island should contain a grand city and the palace of the Emperor and Empress along with the forums were the Imperial Estates are free to meet.

Contact me for more information or if interested....

theimperiallands-at-gmail-dot-com
    (remove dashes and replace the at & dot with the proper symbols).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Someone should jump on this, just for practice's sake. The world is already known so you don't have to worry about the science...all you have to do is make it look good and different. Plus it sounds pretty simple and straightforward.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I might be interested in giving this a shot. I'm a former UO player so I have at least some familiarity with the maps.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

Hey thanks alot....

Like I said in my email to you, I will compose the list of inclusions into a more organized and understandable format. Would you prefer it be posted here or sent to you in another email?

You can do either or both.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw from working on this.

So if anyone else wants to take a stab at it feel free.

It's definitely an interesting process to create the in-game maps.

Guild Novice

Still looking for a map designer, I have a lot of people interested in playing on the game but as time goes on without seeing any progress, they will eventually begin to loose faith and move on. So please, I am desperate for help.

Guild Novice

Still looking for that special designer to take on this project... I am willing to pay, terms can be discussed when you contact me.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You might want to provide a sample as to what you're looking for in terms of style. If people know what kind of style you want they can determine if they can do it or not...the money thing should help too
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

@Ascension - he needs the actual in-game world maps developed. You need specific software to create them (all free to download).

Here is a screenshot...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uolchandar3.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	17990  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast