Thread: Heghruil - RPG map in the making.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Wip Heghruil - RPG map in the making.

Okay, I said I would begin a WIP for this map and after an hour's worth of work and a couple of restarts this is what I have come up with.

I used some of the techniques I learned from RobA about overlay's and noise. I also utilized his trick of saving a selection to a channel. That came in handy on multiple occasions. I am still a bit weak on using layer masks. I need some more information on why they are used and what they are good for.

I kinda fumbled through the making of the shoreline and I am still not 100& sure I like it but it seems to work for the map for now. I did play around with some emboss filters to get the water the way it is and I actually like the way that came out.

Ascension, your advice to just "wing it" inspired all of this work to continue. Thanks a bunch for the quick kick to the rump.

*EDIT*

Also, I got some heavy pixelation on the edges of the land mass towards the end. Not sure where that came from and have no idea how to get rid of it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heghruil.png 
Views:	244 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	17034  
    Last edited by voidgere; 09-24-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: avoid double post.