Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoka Hey! (It's a good day to die)

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Actually Crow, I kind of like the way things looked in post 14. If you can work from there I think that it could turn out real nice
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Wip Thx allot for the advice

I have learned so much from Rob A's tutorial for gimp I praised him I hope that's how I give him rep on his post. I'm delirously happy and my wife is grumpily upset over my new hobby. Mission accomplished Rob . I sure those who are married or with a hunny understand hehe. So I scrapped the first map to share this one that I am very proud of still allot of tweaks and more to do but im very happy and I got this far on 1 sitting this time. I read a tutorial about ISO images for mountains I would like to understand how that works becuase I could use that technique for my castles and cities. Any info enlighten me plz or direct me in the right direction thx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MidgardMTN.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	17376  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Looking good Crow,

Typed praise is good but doesn't add to the rep. If you look to the left of the persons post, at the bottom you will see three icons. The left indicates whether that person is logged in. The right is to report the post iirc. The middle (the balance) is to add to the rep of the person who made that post (you can also subtract from rep I think - but I have yet to do that).

Not that RobA needs any more rep but he still deserves all the rep he gets
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Wip Snow capped mtn and snowy forest

I have been reading a game of thrones by G.R.R.M. and loving it. I book the book down and this is what I came up with after some zoom and hand painting. I realy like the way it came out becuase I wanted to have a snow area on my map and I think this worked. Next is finally rivers and maby I'll touch up the shore and water.

Name:	MidgardForest.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	548.3 KB 
ID:	17475  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along nicely...though your forests seem to a 'mounded' look to them (not the best description I know), and you might consider making their edges a little more 'irregular'. Maybe take a small eraser and remove bits and pieces.

Like the new avatar
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Bang up job on the base terrain color, looks good. Forests are almost there, maybe a tad darker and more irregular like SG said.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip thx for the advice it helped allot

I darkened and erased some of my forest I think it looks better. I have been doodling with rivers in inkscape for a nice tapered look I like how easy Rob makes it eh! This is what my work would have looked like but the png doc was saved at the wrong size so I had some pretty rivers in my ocean hehe. Doh just found out I didnt have landscape selected here ya go still more to do and I want to add lakes for sure. Thx I love your avy too Steel Gen. Just wish I got the brown right. Haha anyways here is my updated map its actually looking alright.

Name:	MidgardMFC.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	553.3 KB 
ID:	17546  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123