Thread: Dutchy of Kernst -Regional Map

Guild Journeyer

Post Dutchy of Kernst -Regional Map

Revised map I use for my pathfinder game. Looks a lot better then the original I map with autorealm.

Towns need a little work but It works for me. The unlabeled places are lumber camps small villages and waystations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dutchy-Rev.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	810.1 KB 
ID:	19722

Background Information.

The Dutchy of Kernst

The Dutchy of Kernst was derived from the southern portion of the conquered lands. That was won during the unity war. The borders consist of half of the Blackthorn forest in the north. In the west the Dutchy spans to the Farshore coast. In the south the border extends to the Darken woods and a portion of the Swamp of Sorrow and to the east the western half of the Zerath plains. Also within the territories lies the entirety of the Old Stone Foothills. This is all wild untamed lands that once were the providence of the orkish Zerath Empire.
    The land was granted to Lord Marcus Kernst for his service during the Unity War by our Emperor Parad Oxilon the Dragon. This land was granted to the Kernst to develop for the greater good of the Imperium and will be the Kernst’s land until death or the Kernst clan is deemed disloyal.
    The Dutchy holds in its charge five major towns as of this point in time. Each of which are specialized to harvest the varying resources of the lands that they inhabit. They are Lorach, Kaimori, Lightshore, Crestwood and Samarsh.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks pretty nice, I like the forest texture especially.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

I really like the town and lumber camps. I know you want to make them sharper, but they are quite nice, not to over or under stated.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Not too shabby. Nice colors, easy to understand information. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Nice textures, particularly the swamp one. The borders between the textures look a bit odd in some places, though.

Also, the plains texture seems visible through the rivers, which looks strange I'm not sure if this is really the case, or if the rivers have their own texture - either way, it might look better if you remove the texture from the rivers.

Finally, why is Kernst called a "Dutchy" rather than a "Duchy?" Is there a reason or is this a mistake/typo?
    Visit Tornalia (it's beautiful this time of year)