Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transylvania WIP

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Holy poop! That got done fast and looks great.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

That took you 3 days? Jeez. I'd probably still be stuck doing the hills in the top left corner. :S

Another great map from Coyotemax.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's great work and quite different from the maps here. For drawing all those mountains by hand alone, you deserve the rep! Somebody send Coyotemax their old tablet - the man's hand deserves a break!

I think the style worked our really well. My one suggestion would be to place a more interesting paper texture under the whole thing. It's quite uniform where the scanned original has quite a lot of variation.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Thanks for the comments,everyone.

Yes, I agree, better texture for the real version

I can't believe it only took 3 days too. What I remember most about the process was all the breaks i took, lol

Though I did discover the joy of using Illustrator for the names. SO much quicker than photoshop - not so much for the actual click, type, click click type ad nauseum, but you can make fine adjustments so much easier. you don't have to take the time for perfect placement when you first place the names - Illustrator lets you just move things around without selecting the layer first. *Sold*

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Man, that's a pretty spectacular map, and the style and appearance are solid. Great job!

Alas, I cannot rep you for I have not yet spread that joy around enough.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Wow. I looked at your initial post a few days ago but didn't expect to see a finished product so quickly. Nice work. And inspirational...I've been wanting to do a modern Ravenloft-ish campaign. This might be a nice map to steal for it. Repped for immense speed...and pain and tabletless suffering!
    M

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

OOOH

Ravenloft, YES!

I was rying to think of a good map to toss into this style. I'ts been YEARS since I played that (literally, almost 20).

*goes hunting for ravenloft maps*

Thanks! I needed that!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12