Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnamed Fantasy World

Wip Unnamed Fantasy World

Alrighty, here's a WiP map of a fantasy world that I may use for an upcoming game.

This is my first real try at this type of map so I am very much open to comments and critisisms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a copy.png 
Views:	8232 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	16467  
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Colors look good, nice coastline, I like that elephant skin pattern thingy for the mountains (might have to try that because it gives the general look and feel of a satellite shot without having to do all of the work). There is one river system that is not connected to anything draining to the sea (middle top), and one that looks like it avoids a nearby bay to go over a mountain (left top). Everything else looks to be in order. Nice to look at and given me a new idea to work with, so I say good job
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

It is very evocative and pretty, even though the style is not my personal favorite. Good Work!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Colors look good, nice coastline, I like that elephant skin pattern thingy for the mountains (might have to try that because it gives the general look and feel of a satellite shot without having to do all of the work). There is one river system that is not connected to anything draining to the sea (middle top), and one that looks like it avoids a nearby bay to go over a mountain (left top). Everything else looks to be in order. Nice to look at and given me a new idea to work with, so I say good job
    That texture is actually a texture I found on this site of Mountains I believe. Thought it'd work well like that and it gave me a good idea of where the riers would flow.

Okay, that first river that doesn't drain actually goes UNDER the mountains and comes back out on the other side.

The other... Hmmmm Good point.
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ah, underground river...good stuff, then.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Very nice! Repped!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is looking good. Man, I envy you guys and your mountains. Mine always look like crap, which is why I go with icons most of the time.

Okay, thanks for the encouragement.

Here's an updated map with a bit more variation in coloring, some more terrain features, as well as trees and a few temporary labels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_really copy.png 
Views:	3932 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	16470  

This is very, very nice! Good job so far. The mountains look great.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Dang, that's hot!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast