Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campaign World... Lot of Advices Required...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

That's an interesting planar layout. So, now my next question:

Based on this Layout, does this imply that, for instance, the plane of Fire is located:

a) to the northwest of the material plane; or
    b) in the western sky above the material plane; or
    c) does this map not really relate the physical locations so much as the metaphysical locations such that we can't say that this represents anything about their locations in relation to each other as can be understood by earthly observations

What I'm driving at, here, is that if the sun god decides to stray closer to the realm of Fire, does that mean he'll (a) be straying to the Northwest, (b) straying to the West, or (c) that his "straying" toward the realm of Fire can't be observed directly based on where in the sky we see the sun so much as that since the sun god is closer to the realm of Fire in a metaphysical sense, he is farther from the material world and therefore the material world is colder (i.e. winter).
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

a) to the northwest of the material plane
    Imagine an horizontal view, with the material plane in the center, and the others expanding from it. As it were the same infinite land, but restricted by magical walls. (the ones that make you "travel" to the other edge).

(a) be straying to the Northwest
    Now, they can't be observed, as each plane is "divided" by the magical "walls".

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Hmm. Okay, so the realm of fire is, in a sense, in the northwest (behind a magical wall). So, if the sun god strays toward the fire realm, will he visibly look as though he's in the northwest sky?

Meanwhile, if the wind god strays toward the realm of air, would it seem as though the wind blows to the northeast? And the earth, meanwhile, is turning toward the southwest, correct?

Basically, if we can surmise that this straying occurs in regular, seasonal patterns (and if these observations are accurate), we can say something about the way heat and moisture is distributed throughout your world, and thus something about the climate. If it's really just completely random, it might be more difficult to make these sorts of educated guesses.

Another quick question: assuming the sun starts in one side of the world each day and crosses toward the other, how does he get back to his starting point each day?
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Hmm. Okay, so the realm of fire is, in a sense, in the northwest (behind a magical wall). So, if the sun god strays toward the fire realm, will he visibly look as though he's in the northwest sky?
    1. Well, it's not that, "there is" a magic wall physically, what a normal creature will see is just the horizon. XD

2. The sun God is visible, as the sun in our world.

Meanwhile, if the wind god strays toward the realm of air, would it seem as though the wind blows to the northeast? And the earth, meanwhile, is turning toward the southwest, correct?
    3. Yes, it's correct, now, they prefer to go there, but they of course have to fulfill their duties all over the world, so they go everywhere, but in shorter lapses.

3. Basically, if we can surmise that this straying occurs in regular, seasonal patterns (and if these observations are accurate), we can say something about the way heat and moisture is distributed throughout your world, and thus something about the climate. If it's really just completely random, it might be more difficult to make these sorts of educated guesses.
    4. Yes they occurs in regular patterns, as the seasons.

Another quick question: assuming the sun starts in one side of the world each day and crosses toward the other, how does he get back to his starting point each day?
    5. Below the world, where he uses the time " to heat" the world core.

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12