Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Software app for bending text?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    That is bending text along a path, though, not deforming text within an envelope.

I use Inkscape with the bezier envelope extension for that

-Rob A>
    Isn't that the goat thingie that Harry Potter gave Ron Weasely to save him from poison? And it does text too? I've gotta get me one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    Isn't that the goat thingie that Harry Potter gave Ron Weasely to save him from poison? And it does text too? I've gotta get me one of those!
    In all seriousness, the extension it is available here: http://screencasters.heathenx.org//w...nvelope.tar.gz

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Thanks Aylorian, I'll check it out. Gimp was the first thing I tried though, and it bugged out on me (for some reason the path created by using Text Along Path wanted to attach itself by one point to the corner of the map). I fiddled with it for 15 minutes or so then went looking for another option.
    Gidde, that is actually staggeringly simple problem to solve. Your text is too long for your path. If there are "path nodes" that cannot fit in relation to the length of the path, GIMP defaults to sticking it in the corner. Try to push the path out a little longer or reduce the font size (or put in a negative character spacing)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123