Thread: newb world map questions. advice is required

Help newb world map questions. advice is required

hello all its been three days i bought the CC3 for my rpg campaign maps. basicly im trying to convert my handmade worldmap to the CC3 . and i have some questions ill appreciate if you all users help me.

-i found one world map to guide my creativity. but the big difference is terrain selection. would you tell me where can i find the terrains (or exactly this terrain ) which used on the map named arythea. im using Land bitmap dark which comes as default .. but its looks pretty bad at high resolution maps.

- second question, if u take a look to my little island u will see im having difficulties to connect second terrains to main terrain. i mean for example; im using land bitmap light terrain under my jungles. but i think i have to use some effects on them to look better. what would you advice to me?

- at my little island would you tell me what is those little blue points. they just showed up i dont know how they spawned

and im open for other good examples and advices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my island.PNG 
Views:	72 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	17086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arythea.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	817.0 KB 
ID:	17087  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

First off...Welcome Aboard!

I'm not a CC user, so can't help you there (someone will be a long eventually), I do like your maps though.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    First off...Welcome Aboard!

I'm not a CC user, so can't help you there (someone will be a long eventually), I do like your maps though.
    thank you

this little island is just %5 of my map. I hope ill learn good enough to finish whole map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hiya glemrel, welcome aboard

I only have CC2, so it may be something CC3-related, but it looks to me like artifacts from your shape, like you have curlicues on the inside of it. Try redrawing the shape once you zoom in (it'll get rid of the blocky pixelization around the edges too).