Thread: Hello Fellow Conspirators

Guild Applicant

Post Hello Fellow Conspirators

Hello All,

Today I went trolling the web, hoping to find some resources for creating maps for the role playing games I run and I had the good fortune of stumbling upon this wonderful site! By way of Introduction, I'm Gary and I've been clean and sober for...wait, wrong group...

I've been scrawling maps of one sort or another since the days of First Edition AD&D (some time back in the dim years of the late seventies). Though I've picked up a dozen or so other RPGs, I still go back to sainted Mr. Gygax's tomes and they still set me dreaming of impossible, unexplored realms. Currently I'm in the midst of creating city, area, and world maps for a new campaign and I'm looking forward to the day when I can air a few of them on this forum for advice and suggestions!

Hey, and if there are any gamers out there looking for an ear to bend - mine are flexible (and somewhat pointy).

- G

Post Welcome!

Welcome to the Guild, Dark Lodestar!

Not all of us are gamers here, but most are - some are authors looking to illustrate their written works, some are just hobbyists in the art of mapping, but by in large the majority here are gamers. So you're not alone.

Check out the Tutorials forums, and definitely look at the Finished Map forums, but it might be wise to explore the WIP forums, since the WIPs are in progress and it is here, other members give advice and suggestions on where to improve, what techniques to try, etc. Which makes it great for learning experience.

The best thing to do is create your own WIP, start posting your early work, tell us your goal and we can guide you to a masterpiece. Many here come as amateurs or even less skilled and in a couple months we create mapping artist extraordinaires.

Besides, if ye be one thems, elveses, we orcses will eat you up!

Again, welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Welcome! What Gamerprinter says is very true, couldn't have said it better myself

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Welcome aboard, look at the tutorials and you will have all you need XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave