Thread: The Idea im going to use for my galaxy!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post The Idea im going to use for my galaxy!

Hiyas guys! i asked a question about how to make a galaxy a few days ago (thanks for the replies!)

So here it is, what im going to use my galaxy for is a giant map for a space empire which is called...

The Terran Federation of Planets!

ill be writing up a large backstory for the Federation and the galaxy, but i would like some input on what i should do with this, but i will be using this Federation as more of a dictatorship then a democratic one as the title suggest hehe

What do you think should be thrown into the mix?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Well with a name like Terran Federation of Planets, and being more a dictatorship, I'd guess that it may have started off more democratically at some point, and changed over time.. Governments may change frequently, but the names of countries and such tend to stick around.

Past that, i'd think there are so many ways you could take it, it would be hard to make specific comments at this point

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Well with a name like Terran Federation of Planets, and being more a dictatorship, I'd guess that it may have started off more democratically at some point, and changed over time.. Governments may change frequently, but the names of countries and such tend to stick around.

Past that, i'd think there are so many ways you could take it, it would be hard to make specific comments at this point
    Hehe true! but any idea helps! i wanna try follow the path of the Imperium, but not like Space marines, Over the top Grimdark, rotting corpse sitting on a throne etc etc but more of a Dictatorship to end all other Dictatorships

Death to the False Emperor!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

You might want to consider taking a look at the history of the Roman Empire, or Alexander the Great. Those might make great models to follow for this sort of thing, I would suspect. Plus they both have built-in plot devices for the eventual fall and ruin of the dictatorship I suspect it would come down to whether your dictatorship is built around a single individual, or wether it's an ideal.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."