Thread: Train Depot WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Train Depot WIP

I have started building maps for a VTT game I'll be running set in the 1940s after World War II. For my first map, I've decided to start pretty simple with a single building--a small town train depot.

Obviously, this is a work in progress. There's no ground texture on the right side of the map yet. I'll probably place a small road running parallel to the tracks and some grass and dirt over there. I need to clean up the ground between the grass and the gravel from the rails as well. I like the way the platform is shaping up, and I want to add some more wear and cracks to it. It also needs more eye candy so that the platform looks like it's in use. I plan to add a luggage trolley or handcart, train signals, a bench, and it needs stairs and a ramp leading down from the platform. I haven't done any shadows yet, except for the roof.

This is my first map, so I'm looking for input and constructive criticism. Also, what's the best way to show ramps and stairs without making them look too flat?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	train depot wip.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	381.6 KB 
ID:	17137