Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northern Continent WIP

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Definitely better.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip

I didn't like the forest. And the criticism on my coastlines bothered ma as well... So i put some work into it again... and here are the results:
    The forest textures are taken from Pedrov, who posted them in the mapping elements section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northwest 4.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	17343  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Yes, definite improvement!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Hey, great improvement!

I do have 2 small critiques though, I'm no expert these are just things I've noticed. First the rivers seem a bit too dark they contrast too greatly with the oceans. Maybe making them the same colour as the ocean so they blend into each other would help. Second, up in the northern area you have a light tan landmass that doesn't seem to go with the snow, it just seems to too warm next to the white, also the transition from the white to the tan is a bit abrupt which makes the contrast between the two more noticeable.

Again, I'm no expert, these two things are just things that maybe you could change or fiddle with.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

The longest river has no tributaries. Probably not impossible, but definitely odd. The land mass looks a lot better now. Note that you now have two lakes colored like the ocean and one lake colored like the rivers. However, given the lack of rivers connecting the new lakes to the ocean, perhaps they are inland seas (salt water), which would explain the color difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12