Thread: The United States of McDonalds

Link The United States of McDonalds

I ran across the map at http://www.good.is/post/map-of-every...n-the-country/ and thought the people on this this list would be interested. I hope this is the right place to put it and that it's not off-topic for the forum
    http://www.monticello21st.com/rpg/nfwiki/
    Call the Lightning. Ride the Storm. Find your Power. Become Reborn.
    Seek your Place, and know it well. Live a tale you wish to tell.

I moved the thread to General Discussion as that seemed more appropriate. The Sci-fi/Modern forum is for maps members are creating.

Anyway, a very nice find. Although it's almost shocking there's so many McDonald's restaurants out there. Is there another map for Starbucks? They might have even more places?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post I remember McDonalds of Tokyo in 1978...

When I was 15, I went to Japan with my Mom and sister. After 2 weeks living on mostly Japanese food, we were in Tokyo and noticed a McDonalds - ooh, we were ecstatic (my sister and I). Ordering the usual burger and fries, both my sister and I were surprised to notice no ketchup came with the fries. Asked my Mom (who of course speaks her own native tongue) to get some ketchup. She basically said "tomato sauce"? They poured ketchup from a bottle onto a hard plate, too much really, but they didn't understand.

As my sister and I ate our fries dipped in ketchup - everyone stared at us in awe, before we left there were five sets of people with plates of ketchup. I've never returned, but often wondered if we started a trend in Tokyo, and if they serve ketchup with fries now, officially. Don't really know.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

wow, imagine if all that power was used for good instead of evil! That's an awesome map.

Funny ketchup story too! I would love to travel there.
    Adam Schmidt
    Illustration and Cartography
    http://www.misteradam.com

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I have been to the Philippines several times (my wife is from there), and though the McDonald's there were very similar to those here (other than the quality of the beef and the ketchup - made with banana, not tomato), the one thing that struck me was the fact that only teenagers from the more well-to-do families worked at them. At the time (and maybe still) it was deemed something of a social distinction to work there.

FYI... avoid Jolly Bee and McDo's? (a bad rip-off)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I was immensely glad to find a McD in Rome. It was about the only place I could afford to eat.

I'd got ripped off the previous evening for about sixty quid (at the time, around a hundred bucks) for a slice of meat, two potatoes and a sprig of something green at a restaurant...
    I was in Rome for a week and never ate anywhere else once I'd found it.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Using that power for good...funny stuff. Looks like Nevada and North Dakota are the safest places for me to go to avoid this monstrosity. Now I need to cross-reference this with a map of Taco Bells and Wal-Marts and I'll be safe
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That map frightens me. o_o

I live in a tiiiny town. Our variation of fast food takes 10 minutes for us to get a burger and fries. We went to a fast food place in the city once while shopping and they asked us if the five minute wait was okay. People are so obsessed with food NOW... I think this map really displays that. There's fast "food" everywhere.

Is there any similar world map?