Map (Click to enlarge)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CruzamentoMap.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	109586

Created in: Photoshop

Review

Cruzamento De Rio is a fantasy city created by Coyotemax, using Ascension's city tutorial. The original city map was beautiful already, but Coyotemax did another version 50 years in the future. The town has grown a lot since then, adding more houses, new walls, a second mill and a second bridge. We think the end result is spectacular and can be considered a work of art. Don't neglect to look closer at the cartouche and border of the map. You will be amazed!

Coyotemax says:
    The town itself has expanded, mostly on the west bank. The walls have been completely rebuilt, including tearing down the original stone section to be replaced with more sturdy construction. There is a second mill now based on the design of the first, a dual waterwheel variation. The bridge has been rebuilt with stone. A second bridge has been added, this one is still made of wood partly for economic reasons and partly for defense.

Original Thread
    To go to the original thread click here.
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-17-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Changed image to an attachment, so that it will show in the CC Awards thumbnails gallery

And again we wanted to feature this map earlier, but Coyotemax entered the Lite Challenge and featuring him at that time would have eliminated him... which we didn't think would be fair
    (eventually he won that challenge)
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 09-28-2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Way to go CoyoteMax! This is shaping up to be one heck of a few weeks for you, with the Lite Challenge win, a featured map, and well in the running on the Sept full challenge. And all very well deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Way to go CoyoteMax! This is shaping up to be one heck of a few weeks for you, with the Lite Challenge win, a featured map, and well in the running on the Sept full challenge. And all very well deserved
    Well, the september voting just started and there's at least half a dozen maps that could/should get a lot of votes. So he doesn't have that one in the pocket yet!

But agree with you Coyotemax is on a roll
    Talent should be recognized and treasured of course.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wow, I knew i was improving, but I didn't think I was improving THIS much just yet

But really, credit where it's due, if it wasn't for Ascension, i might not have tried my hand at a city map. I'm glad it turned out as well as i did

And thanks to the rest of the people on this site - fantastic tutorials, amazing maps to use as inspiration, and endless words of encouragement, advice and constructive feedback.

**happy dance, and you're all invited!**

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Congratulations mate!

Well earned

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    And again we wanted to feature this map earlier, but Coyotemax entered the Lite Challenge and featuring him at that time would have eliminated him... which we didn't think would be fair
    (eventually he won that challenge)
    I actually did wonder why this hadn't got the recognition I felt it deserved. When I saw this map I was gobsmacked. It's so beutifully done.

Congratulations Coyotemax. Definitely well deserved.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    **happy dance, and you're all invited!**
    Congrats! ...don't let the Octoclops pee on the rug!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow, what a map!!, A shame i can't repp you again. XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

CM, you are an inspiration!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast