Thread: Maps of the Selandia Campaign....

Link Maps of the Selandia Campaign....

The Selandia Campaign is a French website (sadly abandoned) for a D&D 3.5 Campaign. Normally that would not be of much interest except for the fact that the creator seems to have had some sort of cartographic obsessive-compulsive disorder Go to

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/selandia/

And check out the menu bar on the left. "Cartes" takes you to regional and underdark maps (some of which are broken into multiple smaller 8x11 sized maps if the multi meg jpegs are two large to print out).

"Plans de villes" takes you to city and town maps (of which the 6 meg jpeg of Sigil I found to be awe inspiring as well as 8 levels of the mines and living quarters of the City Mesa of Aeroturbuse).

Last, but definitely not least, is the tab labeled "Plans Interieurs". This takes you to the dungeon maps the Selandia dm cooked up, some of which are incredible (such as the Plans de la tour elfe or the Donjon Gardien des Brumes Mortelles) and among the largest fan made creations I have ever seen (such as the Grottes du cap des Otaries and the Catacombs of Locnerac).

Its a pity the dm has not posted on the site in about a year, for I'd love to know what programs and techniques he used to create his large and colorful maps.
    Last edited by thebax2k; 11-15-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected kalmarjan's Avatar

Seems the gent that created the site has not played in a while, but he has left up the site for everyone to enjoy. He creates his maps in Photoshop and Illustrator, and he has some talent, and some to spare.

I have invited him to this site.

Sandeman
    Last edited by kalmarjan; 07-28-2007 at 08:39 AM.
    What???? You mean there is NO MAGIC RENDER BUTTON!

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

By God, this man's city maps are astonishing. The coloring is a bit too prismatic for me, but that makes the maps really easy to follow and everything is eye-popping. They're also full-detailed, which is quite impressive. There are so many unique buildings here that you just know that this man put in a huge amount of effort into everything that he made.

Incredible stuff! I agree his color choices are a bit garish, but as mentioned it just makes them less confusing.

Did you look at his illustrations as well? A very talented individual to say the least. Wow.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

This work is truly impressive.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Interesting work, though it is very much a relativley "sterile" mapset from what i've seen, and not in a bad way. The map looks professional, though it seems relativly uninspiring for a fantasy based campaign if you know what i mean, it has no mood setting. Other than that, it look slike it should be in a history book

~Jared
    www.theRedEpic.com

Guild Apprentice

Hello,

I am the creator of this map and thebax2k indicate me this thread.

Thank for your commentary. I chose my style for is differente.