Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Test Dungeon with Torstans Tiles.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'd consider dropping a gradient over the stairs to show the direction of the slope. The dark gradient works best, going dark towards the bottom.

Otherwise looks good. I'd actually ditch the ones that sit alongside the lines as they don't really fill much of a need (though they will work better for you when you place internal walls.

Hi, This is my first test with Torsten's tiles, took 20 minutes to do it

This map is being used in my D&D game on saturday, the trick to make it fast is to have a sheet with all the wall variations setup to drag and drop onto the map

it's not perfect, but to look good after 20 mins work i'm really happy how it turned out

oh and as my First post HI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spider Dungeon.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	680.0 KB 
ID:	17271  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard maxboy!

Nice little dungeon, great use of Torstan's tiles.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That looks great! Welcome to the guild

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Maxboy: I'm actually putting together a psd file for photoshop users (might work with gimp too) that drops everything right along 100x100 grid lines.

I've got the walls done right now, I might leave the objects as they are for greater ease in positioning. As soon as I'm done my current map I'll go about making it available for upload.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Wow, Maxboy that looks great!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Maxboy: I'm actually putting together a psd file for photoshop users (might work with gimp too) that drops everything right along 100x100 grid lines.

I've got the walls done right now, I might leave the objects as they are for greater ease in positioning. As soon as I'm done my current map I'll go about making it available for upload.
    Man alive... what on earth do you do when you aren't mapping or performing charitable actions for other mappers? :S

Maxboy, that looks really great. I have no idea how on earth these maps are utilised having never played D&D or whatever... well... I played it just once many many years ago with only two other people and there were no maps like this... but I can see this looks really smart. Torstan's tiles must be really good and maybe once CM has done his PSD file I will have a crack at a map like this myself (although as I say... I have no idea what needs to be on them and so people would probably look at it and go... "er... wtf dude... this is the wrong grid for this type of map you mong!")

Anyway... have some rep for posting a really nice map on your first post.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I really posted these just to show Torsten, that people appreciate his hard work, all my dungeon maps will be done in this style from now on, the plus side i can print them out and use them on the table

The ease of making the maps, is really fantastic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fane of the Casket small.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	796.3 KB 
ID:	17279  

Wow, that's great. I'm glad you're getting so much use out of them. I guess you could do with a statue and a ladder from that last post.

@Ramah: There's no rules to this other than 1 grid square = 5 feet. Otherwise it's just a matter of mapping indoor spaces you might find monsters in, and that could be anywhere

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast