Thread: Landrathor - for a Novel

Post Landrathor - for a Novel

This was the first map I made for Soren, which is a close up view of one area of Ascadia. The WIP posting was here. The author of the book has given me permission to post it here, so long as an notice of copyright and place name ownership is provided. He also agreed to the CG reference in the map.

This was created in B&W mostly in Gimp. The city icons were roughed in Inkscape and sketched over. All labeling and the compass/crest was done in Inkscape.

The following work is Copyright Protected by Rob Antonishen. This image may not be downloaded, copied, linked to, or edited in any manner or form for use on any website, image gallery, clipart collection, printed product, or other derivative uses without express written permission from the artist, except as specifically permitted under the posting terms and conditions of the Cartographers' Guild website. All place-names on this map are wholly the property of Soren Kristensen, and may not be used for any purposes except for referencing place-names for promotional or review purposes, without express written permission.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landrathor_final.jpg 
Views:	622 
Size:	937.6 KB 
ID:	17278

-Rob A>

Excellent, a map that I can steal and then use on my website, image gallery, clipart collection, printed product, and/or other derivative use without express written permission from the artist!

Seriously, though, very nice. I love the isometric work.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Great work RobA!
    We are going to take over the world, with all these references to the guild.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Wow, nice style, im surprised of all the power of GIMP. XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Are you left-handed?

The shading.