Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sep/Oct Entry: CASTLE BIGROCK

Wip Sep/Oct Entry: CASTLE BIGROCK

I have here a small village and a castle, but to make it fit the theme of this month, the whole place have been invaded by a mad druid and his animals.

(Yes, related to one of my maps) XD

Of course this is just a start, im suffering with the hill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CASTLE BIGROCK.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	989.0 KB 
ID:	17220  

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Join the club... hills are a menace to me as well.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

You have a ton of options from the looks of it. One idea might be to draw some "ridge lines" going from the center of the hill towards the moat. They could be just in the grey rock area you have created, not all the way to the center. Just the steep part around the perimeter. Also, you might try to make the transition between rock and grass more smooth. I'm excited to see how you continue with this map!

Still working on it, yesterday i finally come up with a hill i like, but i will post the wip as soon as i end this day work on it. XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Wip ### Latest WIP ###

Well, im still working in this one, im gonna change the walls castle textures and maybe some others. I did a detailed work on the castle and now im gonna work on the village.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	85 
Size:	922.3 KB 
ID:	17467  
    Last edited by zenram; 10-07-2009 at 12:56 AM.

Looks nice, but I do have some nitpicks:

- The texture for the hill looks a bit weird, the same goes for the walls?
    - The trees look good, but are all clones. Maybe create several treed (mirroring them, shrinking them, etc). It will look more natural.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Wip ### Latest WIP ###

Well, i think it's ready for post-production, im gonna correct some flaws, label it, and add the history with Gimp, so if you have any comment, this is the moment.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	120 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	17646  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's a good lookin forest and I like most of the rocks but some of them look faded on the right where the sand kinda blurs them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wow, this turned out pretty well! You made a huge leap from the last version. Forest does indeed look great.

Guild Journeyer

I agree the forests look great the only thing is the fields look a little weird like you need some more texture in their and they are a bit angular but besides that it looks great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast